It's that time...
at
4/23/2009
Over the last four months I've been feeding Chloe in her bouncy chair, and because she is old enough to start eating table food, it is time to get her a high chair. Which brings me to the reason for this post. I've been doing a lot of research online, but I can't seem to decide which high chair is best. Through my research I have somewhat narrowed my list down to these five: Graco Easy Chair, Healthy Care by Fisher Price, Trend High Chair by Baby Trend, Chicco Mamma High Chair, and the Peg Perego-Prima Pappa high chair. Anyway, I know that a lot of you, if not all, had or still have high chairs for your kids, so I was wondering if you could give me some advice. Have you heard of any of the chairs I mentioned above, if so, is what you heard positive or negative? Also, what kind of chair do you have, and what do you like or dislike about it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Court, I think we actually had a 'Graco Easy Chair' for McKenzie. The good things about it are: It has wheels so you can push it around rather than lift it; part of the tray is dishwasher proof; it can recline a bunch and you can also adjust the height of the chair. We actually really liked this chair, however after about 1 1/2yrs the reclining part of the chair kind of broke I guess cause one side was always leaning further back than the other. We gave it to our sister in law and she still uses it as is.
Anyway, hope that helps.
We have a Baby Trend high chair found on Craigs list. There are only a few items I have purchased new so far (I know I am cheap...also the problem with starting your family while in school!) But there are a few features I would suggest...locking wheels, 5-strap seat belt, a cover that comes off to put in the wash, folds up (at least somewhat, when you need to get it out of the way). The locking wheels are great, to keep in place and then unlock to roll without scratching your floor. I think most come with the 5-pt harness (I feel like they are more secure), and its great to have a removable seat cover, so when they throw up or make a disaster, you can just throw it in the wash. Good luck!
Graco Easy Chair is the most cost efficient. Although, I must say...half the time, I don't even bother to put the cloth cover back on; I just leave the plastic exposed and strip my child down to the diaper (easier/quicker to wipe everyone and everything down that way).
I have found that once starting my children on solids regularly, I was having to keep the cloth cover in the wash everyday in order to maintain cleanliness etc. it was a waste of time and energy for me...so the Peg Perego may be the answer for you...I think its mostly non absorbant surfacing; I could be wrong, it's been awhile since I researched it.
Anyway, hope that helps :)
I have Graco something or other and the healthy care booster seat. My recommendations based on what I have, what I wish I had, and things I've found out feeding 3 kids are:
Get something that's easy to clean. This includes a washable cover, both machine-washable and wipe-downable (yep, made up word right there). If I were to get a new high chair, I'd make sure it was as streamline as possible, the less crevices, the better. Crevices trap food, therefore, crevices=gross. Wheels are certainly nice, but only if the chair is heavy and you're planning on moving it around much. Having a chair that folds up is handy, but it really depends on whether you're planning on putting it away much. Our highchair has been out for basically the last three years straight :P In some ways, I wish we had gotten just the booster originally and just used that in order to conserve space. It works just fine strapped to one of your regular chairs. Oh, yeah, a biggie for us is the tray has to slide up pretty close to the seat. We have small, skinny babies, so nothing is more obnoxious then a big ol' gap between the baby and the tray, just waiting to trap mess. I think that's about it...
Sorry for the novel, take the advice for what it's worth :)
Post a Comment