7 Months!


This week Chloe turned seven months old.  She is trying really hard to crawl, but hasn't quite figured it out yet.  She also has learned how to spit, which has been an adventure.  Sometimes while I'm driving I can hear her in the back practicing her spitting skills. Also, lately when I try to feed her baby food, she spits it right out before swallowing. I've been feeding her baby food for at least a few months now, and she just started doing this.  I'm hoping this is a phase that will pass soon.  She is so full of it sometimes, but she is way too cute to ever get mad at.  She is truly the joy of my life.  I never truly understood how rewarding being a mother could be until, of course, I became one.  Whenever she smiles at me, laughs, or falls asleep, while I'm holding her in my arms, I know that no job could be better.

6 comments:

Kelsi said...

Darling picture! I can't to see you guys again! Yay!

Aubrey said...

She's adorable - wait until she starts crawling. It's so much fun and really keeps you on your toes. I'm glad you enjoyed The Book Thief - I just loved the story of humanity, love and courage in a time where those qualities were being suppressed.

I agree - motherhood is so rewarding it is beyond words.

Uncle Johnathan said...

Dear Chloe,

Congrats on trying to crawl. Actually, I take that back. I will congratulate you when you succeed.

You are indeed looking cute, and though your mom thinks that your spitting skills are darling right now, there will be a day when she loathes such skills and you will be mocked in front of company for any "spitting event."

Your mom is a good lady, but you must keep a watch on her.

Refer to me as,
Esteemed Uncle Johnathan of Norman

Aimee said...

Oh Courtney I found your blog I am so excited!Chloe is beautiful. Our families should really get together and do something fun. Are you enjoying St.Louis? Well I am going to read more of your blog and find out, I was just so excited to talk to you but it's funny b/c it's probably not going to get to you much sooner silly me.
love Aimee

whtiney said...

I LOVE it when my babies learn to crawl! Everyone always says it's easier before they're mobile, but I find that the babies themselves seem a lot happier when they can go where they want to...then again, I'm all about independent kiddos. Love your background, by the way-it's utterly fabulous!

ps-love, love, love The Book Thief. It's one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read.

Addie said...

What a darling picture of Chloe. You did a great job capturing that moment. We can't wait until we get to see you guys. By then I'm sure she will be crawling and she and Ethan can have races at Grandma's house!