The Jobsite

    

 

I took Courtney out to the site and took some pictures so you all could see where I will be working.  It is officially called the Prarie State Energy Campus.  It is going to be a 1,600 megawatt power plant and an adjoining coal mine.  The estimated value is at roughly 4 billion when all is said and done (pretty big for my first project).  They say that the coal reserves under the plant are enough for at least 30 years.  2,300 people will be working on the site, most of them will be in construction (not all at one time though).  The plant will produce for electricity for roughly 1.7 million families in the states of: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.  It will use roughly 6 million tons of coal a year, which is mined on the site.  There are currently about 14 cranes on the site,a nd the big one that we will primarily use has not been erected yet.

Enough of the technical jargon, i love it though.  I hope you enjoy the pics and will keep you informed on the progress.

No comments: