Garden Fresh

Last summer we tried to have a patio garden with a few herbs and vegetables.  For herbs we grew rosemary, parsley, and basil.  The basil and rosemary grew in abundance.  We also had two roma tomato plants.  They did quite well.  We enjoyed a lot of fresh basil and tomato pasta dishes.  In the grocery store basil and other fresh herbs are quite expensive.  On a regular basis we enjoyed fresh pesto that was practically free.  This year I'd like to do basil and tomatoes again and hopefully a few more tasty treats.  If you have even a little bit of space I suggest trying it out.  It was amazing to taste the difference between my tomatoes and store bought.  Ours had such intense flavor.  I only wish we had some land so that we could have dozens of plants.  Do you have any suggestions we should try?

No comments: