I Love Jam and No Flim Flam
at
6/10/2009
So lately I've been on a I want to learn how to (fill in the blank) kick. You know all those things that I've always wanted to learn how to do, but never had the time or the means to do so. Well a few weeks ago a friend of mine taught me how to make freezer jam, and I must say it was a lot easier than I ever thought it would be. I was also surprised how much sugar goes into the jam. HOLY COW! Since then, I have done a little digging and found some recipes that call for a lot less or no sugar at all. Next time, when I make another batch, I'll probably use one of those recipes. I had a lot of fun learning how to make it, and even more fun dressing it up all cute so we could give it away to the neighbors.
Oh and in case you were wondering some other things on my "learn how to" list:
1. Sew/Quilt
2. Grind my own wheat
3. Make bread
4. Build up my food storage
5. Cook with the food in my food storage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Court,
What about learn the guitar? What about play the drums in a band? That would be sweet.
If you need a guitar, look me up.
Love ya!
Oh, I've started to have that itch too. I suddenly feel very crafty and I've been reading books on food storage and other such stuff. I just look around at how much things cost and realize, I could just make it and save some money. Good luck!
Sounds fabulous! I made it once right after Jared and I got married...and our supply lasted like two years, lol. I need to learn to make bread too...gonna get on it!
Good luck with all your goals!
Look at you go! I'm super-impressed w/your learning kick. The jam looks so yummy (and adorable). I just might have to try that...
Oh, and as for the bread baking, it's not too, too difficult. It just takes time, but it is cheaper and better tasting. To be honest, spencer does most of it. We just recently got a (bosch) mixer from his mom, but before that, we did it all by hand. It's a little tiring to have to mix it all by hand, so spence would do it b/c, well, he's stronger. Hence, the habit was already formed. I'm not complaining.
Post a Comment