An Update

Sorry I haven't posted for such a long time.  Things have been crazy around here the last couple of months.  As you know from my last post we moved into our new place at the end of July/first of August.  The week after we moved in, I came down with strep throat, and in that same week Chloe had her first birthday.  We didn't really do anything big for her birthday.  In fact, because I was so sick, we didn't even celebrate it until the following Sunday.    However, I made her some cupcakes, and let her open the presents that her grandparents on both sides sent her (thanks grandparents!) It was so funny because literally the day after her birthday she started walking.  It was like she just decided okay I'm one, I think I'm old enough to walk now, and she did.  She is getting better and faster everyday. She is so cute to watch, I'll post a video a little later.  Below are some pics. of her eating her cupcake, she had fun with it.




Also, the last two weeks in August I went to visit my parents.  I flew out to Oklahoma for a week,  then drove with my parents from Oklahoma to Colorado, and finally flew back to Illinois from Colorado.  My parents rented a condo in the mountains (Breckenridge) for a few days.  It was nice to get away, and enjoy being in the mountains again.  While we were there we ate at some really great local places.   My mom and are both lovers of baked goods especially pastries, and we happened to find this little french bakery that was run by a french couple.  We both had authentic crepes and they were SOOOO GOOD!  Mine was filled with vanilla custard and strawberries and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Yes it was all homemade, and yes it was the best crepe I've ever eaten!


The French Bakery



My Crepe! Yummy!



Checking out the flowers



Behind us to the right is the patio where we sat


at the french bakery



Chloe with Nana and Papa Gagnon



Pretty Landscape




Beautiful Flowers


If you're still with me, (I know this is a really long post) I have even more to tell you.  I am now the very proud owner of a vintage Schwinn bike!  We just happened to see it sitting out on someone's driveway, with a FOR SALE sign on it, as we were driving out of town one day. So, we went over to check it out.  It turned out to be in pretty good condition, considering it is from the 1970s, and the original owner put new tires on it.  He was selling it for only $30 so we jumped on the opportunity and bought it.  We just bought a seat to put on the back, so now I can go on rides with Chloe! I'm really excited.  I'll have to post some pictures of it.  Anyway, hope this super long post makes up for my lack of posting last month. Take care!

5 comments:

Coty said...

What fun little adventures, I love that you happened upon a vintage schwinn for $30 bones...that is SO one of my dreams!!!
Your daughter is a darling, and just remember -they never remember their first b-day anyway...so don't feel bad. I'm glad you feel better!

Aubrey said...

Oh how fun - Colorado, bikes, and first birthdays. Sorry you were sick - that's never any fun. Chloe is just beautiful and I love your high chair by the way.

whtiney said...

Wow, y'all have been busy! I'd love to see pics of your cute little house, when you have the time...if it's anything as great as your highchair, I'm sure it's just fabulous! I love Chloe's fun red hair...I have loads of red-headed nephews and a niece, so I definitely have a soft spot for copper-tops.

Kelsi said...

We miss you guys too! The Colorado pics are pretty...wish we could have come. I'm excited for your new bike- how cool! You'll have to post a pic of it.

Aimee said...

What a beautiful, fun trip to Colorado!That crepe looks delicious.Happy Birthday Chloe.I love vintage bikes!